Lost and Found

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Last weekend, I was making some space on my phone by transferring pictures to my computer. I have software that came with my phone and it syncs everything with the press of a button. This syncing business is sort of unclear to me. I'm more comfortable with words like save, move, cut/paste, etc. Anyway, I synced my phone, cleared off a bunch of photos, synced again, and POOF! Every. Single. One. Of. My. Photos. Was. Lost.

As you might imagine, after the initial gasp for air, I immediately broke down in a fit of sobs. Ken was sitting next to me and Day was on the floor. I made such a racket they both just got very still and stared at me. Sort of like how you might react if you saw a dying animal. Before you make a move to help, you must first determine if you will get hurt in the process. They did not interfere.

I couldn't breathe. The thought of losing all of those pictures... from pregnancy, hospital, first pediatrician visit, first grocery store trip, lunch time visits at daycare, just everyday life with my baby goddess. Lost. Forever. All I could manage to say was "Nooooo". Ok, so it was a little overdramatic. I admit that only because the end of the story is good. This syncing business apparently has an automatic backup that saves everything - even if you delete it off your phone and the software program. When I realized this, I cried again (maybe harder) at the relief of what had just been salvaged. And I laughed. With joy because I still had my precious photos and then at myself and the extreme emotions I had just experienced. Still no reaction from the family - they were still stunned at what they were witnessing. All of this happened in a matter of about 5 minutes.

After the shock wore off, Ken told me that I definitely deserved a dramatic actress award. Here are some of the photos from that batch that I was SICK about "losing"...























1 comments to Lost and Found:

foureverlove said...

Oh Ivey. I know exactly how you feel. I erased all of my songs from my ipod a year ago by accident. Songs that took me a SOLID WEEK of sitting at my computer downlaoding CD after CD. Gone. ONE second flat. And the crazy thing about this story is that the very same day....VERY SAME DAY, i lost a SIM card with over 500 photos on it that I had not downloaded. Awesome photos that I never got to see more than once. It's so dumb to think of how hard I bawled over "things" that I can't take to heaven with me someday, but that is raw emotion for you. I still remember that day. A month earlier I lost my wedding ring and the locket my dad gave me for graduation. I'm still not over it.I am so happy you were able to find the photos and so in love with that little baby girl!!! She is too precious for words. Really. We should try to find a NEW word for her preciousness. Yummy- that girl.