The Last 2 Months

Monday, July 6, 2009
Every time I think about posting a new blog I get overwhelmed with how much has happened since my last post and just can't muster up the energy to catch you all up on everything. So, I just decided to share some of my favorite pictures from the last 2 months ....

Day and Caston were in the same class at daycare for about a month until he moved up to the one year old class. I love this picture because Caston is WAY too big for that swing and because the look on Day's face is great. It's like she's saying, "Come on, Cuz. Get it together."



This is one of my treasures... 4 generations of moms and daughters. It's not the "best" shot of the 4 of us, but I think it is the most natural. The others seemed too posed. I love these women with all of my heart.


My cousin Suzy is an amazing photographer. She took these photos at David's wedding.





See more of her work: http://familyisfoureverlove.blogspot.com/

The night that we got back from the wedding weekend in Georgia, Day slept all night. And I mean ALL night. Went to bed at 8:00 PM. Woke up at 6:00 AM. Nothing like this had ever happened. The most she had ever slept in one stretch before this was 4 hours. I was so excited! I actually felt dizzy and disoriented I had gotten so much sleep. Of course, I did check on her to make sure she was breathing a couple of times, but she never woke up. Well, the celebration was short lived. She was so fussy when she finally woke up that I ended up taking her to the doctor... earache in both ears and 2 teeth coming through. (Yes, her first teeth broke through at 3 1/2 months). This is a picture from later that morning napping with her daddy.



Our first family beach trip was in June. She liked the beach just fine, but seemed to like the pool a little better. Her daddy accidentally dunked her under the water in the pool. Day recovered quickly. I did not.



More of my favorites from the beach:






For years now, Ken and I have gotten loads of Christmas cards of kids on the beach. Although we love seeing everybody's children growing up, it has also always been kind of bittersweet. We have joked before that we would pose with all of our animals in matching sweaters for our Christmas cards. So, this year we did the family photo shoot. Not sure if these will end up on cards or not, but it was nice to just have the opportunity.



0 comments to The Last 2 Months: