Baby Shower

Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Yesterday was my first baby shower. I've spent a lot of time over the past several years not loving baby showers. My work girls knew this, and they did an awesome job of making it so special for me. The decorations were all green and natural... birds nests, ivy, slate, candles. They even had a tree to plant in honor of Day Frances. The food was awesome, and even the serving dishes matched the whole "natural" theme. I was a little worried that this group was going to make me play cheesy games or do something embarrassing, but they pulled through without any high jinks. Thank you for that!

Here are a few pictures from the shower. The first is the table they had set up at the door. There were note cards that people could write a message to Day on and hang from the tree. There was also a bowl of stones that had sayings on them like Happy Day, Day Dream, Wonderful Day, etc. Those were for people to take with them. Isn't that the greatest idea? The center pieces on the tables were birds nests on slate with quotes about daughters all around. The cake was homemade and delicious. Then I included one picture of me and my Baby's Daddy opening presents. Well, me opening presents and Ken drinking coffee.







Not to diminish anyone's efforts or gifts, but one of my favorite things about yesterday was the Life Prayer that Kate wrote for Day. Kate has done a few of these for other new babies, and I was hoping she would be inspired to write one for Day. Seriously, she could commission this work and retire. They are truly beautiful. I couldn't even read it through the first time because of tears. (click on the image for full size)

Here I am with Mom reading it...

1 comments to Baby Shower:

Katie said...

what a cute shower! i love it!