6 more weeks!

Monday, December 29, 2008
I'm 34 weeks now... 6 weeks until the due date. But only 3 weeks until she's full term. I don't know why I should still feel so surprised that I am pregnant. Are most moms used to the idea by now? I promise sometimes I wake up at night and think, "Oh my GOD, I'm pregnant!". It makes me smile every time.

We go back to the doctor next Monday, and then he'll start checking me at the appointment after that - at 36 weeks. So, I'm on the once a week schedule starting next week. I know she is growing! In fact, I'm pretty sure she's running out of room. She keeps a foot under my ribs and punches my bladder at the same time. Her movements are different, which started to freak me out the other day. But I've decided it's because she just doesn't have the room to cartwheel anymore like she had only a few weeks ago. I'm starting to get things together for the hospital, just in case. Still left to do: get car seat installed by someone who knows what they're doing, wash her clothes, sheets, etc, and continue to pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby.

My closest friends and family threw me a baby shower a few weeks ago, and it was insane! I was so overwhelmed at the number of people who came to celebrate with us. It was humbling. I don't think I ever really had a chance to slow down and focus... just laughter and smiles the whole time. And food... good food. We got some great gifts, really she is not lacking for any THINGS. She now has more clothes than will fit in her closet. The pictures on this post were from that day - taken by my favorite photographer Suzy, who happens to be my first cousin.

When we first found out we were pregnant, we got so many well wishes and heartfelt tears that I joked to Ken that this pregnancy felt like a community service project. But I really do feel that way. So many people have been invested in this and wanting it for us, that I feel like we are ALL being blessed. I promise to share as much of her as I can.


















0 comments to 6 more weeks!: